Our 15 Favorite First Dance Songs
The First Dance is a sweet tradition that most couples include in their wedding. We see a lot of wedding traditions go out the window, but the First Dance continues to make it’s appearance! It’s a unique time for the couple to celebrate the promises they just made – not to mention, it’s great for them to have a little alone time on the dance floor!
For some couples, the first dance song is an easy choice; they have a song that’s been “their song” since they started dating. For others (like myself) it wasn’t easy. Both of you love music and there are just too many amazing love songs to choose from! Do you want a classic song or something new, something really meaningful or something fun, fast or slow? There are way too many options!
There are plenty of hard choices to make while wedding planning and choosing a First Dance song shouldn’t be one of them. Luckily for you, we have put together a list of our 15 favorite first dance songs to help you narrow down your options!
- “I Only Have Eyes For You” by The Flamingos
- “Bloom” by The Paper Kites
- “Heavenly Day” by Patty Griffin
- “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
- “That’s How Strong My Love Is” by Otis Redding
- “Hazy” by Rosi Golan
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- “Til Kingdom Come” by Coldplay
- “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
- “Forever and Ever, Amen” by Randy Travis
- “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne
- “I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You” by Elvis Presley
- “All I Want” by Dawn Golden
- “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green